Monday, May 29, 2006

Google Maps Down Under

Sorry it's been a while. I've been busy with the new job, email me for details. I don't want to post anything on my employer here as these things tend to turn up suspiciously high in google searches.

Speaking of which, Google Maps recently updated their road data for Australia and New Zealand!

Google Earth Blog - 18 May

They look a lot like the maps from wises.co.nz, but I much prefer the Google Maps interface. Here's our Albany neighborhood in Google Maps.

I also have an update on the last wildlife post: Kel tells me that the parakeets out back are actually Eastern Rosellas, an introduced species. Kakariki are actually quite rare, like a lot of NZ birds, they're now limited to some of the isolated regions without predators (usually offshore islands).


File Under: New Zealand,

No comments:

Post a Comment