Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Beach Series Race 8

Last night was race 8 in the beach series, after a 35 day break for the holidays.

I'm no longer contracting at ASB on the North Shore. I'm in Auckland city now, so I've lost my usual running partners. I've gone from running 2-3 times a week (5-8ks per run) to zero. I'm going to have to do something. Maybe get out to Mission Bay by myself at lunchtime a couple of days per week, and definitely back to running on the weekends.

Anyway, last night was a minute and a half slower than my last time on the low tide course. Suck.

Week Time Place Notes
2 23:21 22nd High tide course - loose sand, 3 laps.
3 20:56 28th Low tide course - perfect weather.
4 22:52 28th High tide course - good weather.
7 20:49 21st Low tide course - hot.
822:23 19th Low tide course - out of shape.


Splits are pretty much evenly slower:



LegLast WeekThis Week
Start to South End 4:014:14
South End to North End 5:135:39
North End to South End 5:165:50
South End to North End 5:175:30
North End to Finish 1:001:09


Not good, it's going to take a week or two to get basic fitness back, then try to get some speed work in again. I'll be in Whakatane this weekend, so a long run is definitely on the agenda.

1 comment:

  1. So far I've only managed one 5K post-marathon, at 21:40. Was looking forward to crushing that (and you), but now my hamstring has me out completely. Oh well. I'll rest up and then start in on training for my May marathon. Maybe I'll run a 5K or two as training.

    ReplyDelete