Trip to Minnesota, late December early January
- Seeing family again
- Kel's first white Xmas
- Staying up North at Grand View Lodge with the gang
- Cross Country Skiing with Craig and Jeff
- Catching up with friends in town
- Seeing all the Xmas Lights
- Catching a Wild game in St. Paul
Second Christmas in Whakatane
After getting back to New Zealand, we had a second holiday celebration down in Whakatane, Kel's hometown in the Bay of Plenty. For those of you who've met Kel's mother's dog Cindy, we saw her for the first time after her summer haircut, it was hilarious! Definitely much nicer to have the shorter coat for swimming over at Ohope.
Miscellaneous News from back in NZ
- In mid January, I did the Wild Turkey Off-Road Half Marathon. That was a blast, after about 7 km along the beach, it had a whole long canyoneering section in the middle. I spent more time taking photos than running, but it was all great fun. My friend Staton spent most of the race trying to keep his iPod dry. :-)
- For my birthday this year, Kel bought me a kayak! That's been out several times now, around Whakatane and Mt Maunganui.
- We went to see Bon Jovi in Christchurch
Ok, this post is getting long. To be continued. . .