That worked at first. Until I started playing around. I tried the debug switch, and I tried precompiling release and debug versions side-by-side. At some point I seem to have broken something on my machine. I am still seeing NGen store files under Assembly/NativeImages, and it appears from Fusion Viewer that they're loading from there, but FileMon is showing the temporary folder being used again. I've tried NGen /delete, and messed around with renaming/relocating the files, but no luck. Looks like we're going to have to find a solution that involves moving that temporary compilation folder.
Here's the Fusion Log Output when the native image is found. If you don't NGen the Exe, Fusion Log shows nothing.
*** Assembly Binder Log Entry (3/20/2006 @ 3:07:00 PM) ***
The operation was successful.
Bind result: hr = 0x0. The operation completed successfully.
Assembly manager loaded from: C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\fusion.dll
Running under executable C:\Data\Experiments\ConsoleTest\bin\Release\ConsoleTest.exe
--- A detailed error log follows.
=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = ConsoleTest, Version=1.0.2270.26987, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
LOG: Appbase = C:\Data\Experiments\ConsoleTest\bin\ReleaseLOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
LOG: Dynamic Base = NULL
LOG: Cache Base = NULL
LOG: AppName = NULL
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
LOG: Not processing DEVPATH because this is a pre-jit assembly bind.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: ConsoleTest, Version=1.0.2270.26987, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
LOG: Found assembly by looking in the cache.
File Under: Technology,