Friday, May 29, 2009

New Zealand Music Month

May is New Zealand Music Month. Last year I put up this post with some of my favorite NZ music. I figured I'd do the same this year. So here in no particular order or chronology, is some of my favorite NZ music since the last post.


Evermore - Between the Lines


Minuit - Species II


Tiki Taane and Julia Deans - Our Favorite Target


Opshop - Maybe


Midnight Youth - All on Our Own


Bulletproof/Tiki Taane - Dark Times


Kora - Skankenstein - The video is kind of distracting, but I like the tune. These guys are from Kel's hometown of Whakatane.


And of course what NZ music collection would be complete without Flight of the Conchords. I had this song stuck in my head all day after I saw the episode:

Flight of the Conchords - I Told You I Was Freaky


I like these guys too, but for some reason they don't allow embedding of their YouTube video.
Nesian Mystik - Nesian 101

No comments:

Post a Comment