Every time I join a new ASP.Net project I get bitten by these two things, and every time I end up working them out again. This time I'm writing them down. :-)
Joining a project configured as a web project(s) by opening the solution file:
- If practical configure your local web server with the project on the same path.
- If not, open the SLN file and fix everything that looks like a URL (you won't be able to fix it from VS.Net)
- Presumably, making a new solution will solve it too. As I was getting pretty close to turning green and digging out the purple pants, I didn't pursue that path to its smoking, pulverized computer end
- Don't even get me started on VS.Net 2003 VSS integration.
Adding a Strong Name Key Pair to a Local Key Container
- If there's a line like this in the Assemblyinfo.cs
- Or you get "Cryptographic Failure" errors on the first compile of the project
- Find the .snk file and run this command line:
sn -i keyfile.snk containerName
File Under: Technology,