Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Immigration Scavenger Hunt Begins

One of the items you need for a New Zealand work visa is a "Police Clearance". Here in the states that means you need to request your rap sheet from the FBI.


In order to do that, you need your fingerprints put on a form FD-258 by somebody who's not going to smear them all over. The only place I could find that definitely does it is the crime lab downtown:

Public Fingerprinting

The Minneapolis Police Crime Lab is located in Minneapolis City Hall, 350 South 5th Street, Room 316, Minneapolis, MN 55415.

The hours for public fingerprinting are:

9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., Monday through Friday, Room 316

The cost for public fingerprinting is $15.00 per card. We can only accept checks or money orders made out to the "City of Minneapolis". We cannot accept cash.

You must present a valid driver's license, state issued ID card or passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment